Welcome to 'Wilde Wizards', a roleplaying group for Harry Potter. This group was created on July 6, 2003, by layered and bungee. The setting is Marauder's Era, which equates to the 1970's, for the uneducated. This time in Britain was a sort of cultural explosion - an explosion of glitter, leather, eyeliner, and pure sex. Our little storyline brings this to Hogwarts. Boys loving boys, girls loving girls, boys loving girls, girls loving boys, anything and everything could happen in this era of free love. This roleplay was also founded with strong influence from the movie 'Velvet Goldmine,' and therefore contains some references to the major characters (namely pop idols Brian Slade and Curt Wild). You are not required to have seen the movie to join the group, but it is strongly recommended. For information about 'Velvet Goldmine,' check out this.
Now, of course, we hate putting limitations on you, but there are a few rules that we must ask that you follow, in order to take part in our little story here.
1) Skill level. Not to sound like an elitist, but we're looking for talented players. This means we're looking for people with a good grasp of the English language, who follow grammar rules, who have a good style and interesting imagination, and who can be descriptive.
2) Character Selection. Now, in our little story, we do allow for Original Characters, or OC's. This doesn't mean, however, that you can make a half-veela who is perfect in every way. This would be called a Mary Sue. If you're not sure if your character is a Mary Sue, or don't know what one is, take a looksie over here - Mary Sue Litmus Test - and check it out. We also do not allow any other male Gryffindors in the Marauders' year. Sorry, that's just how it is.
3) Attitude. We like people to be nice. If you're not nice, we might not like you. That's all.
4) Slash. We're over-friendly with slash. In fact, in a perfect world, every character in this story would be bisexual. However, the world is far from perfect, and there's bound to be a few closet cases in our midst. What we do ask is that everyone be slash-friendly.
5) Because we like to keep the storyline moving, we ask that you post at least once a week, and more frequently if your character is actively involved with another character. It's not fair to keep someone else's character in limbo because you're not around. If you're going out of town, please inform the mods in advance.
6) Eww, Mpreg.
7) If, at any time, the mods find the need to eliminate you from the group, we'll do so. Usually, we'll have a good reason. Sometimes, we won't. Deal with it.
Think you'd like to join us? Fabulous, darling! Simply fill this out, and send it to C (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nicki (email@example.com)! One of us will contact you within a few days to audition you!
+=OOC=+ Name: Age: Time Zone: Availability Online: (how often are you able to post?) AOL or AIM screen Name: (optional, lower case)
+=IC=+ Name: Year: Age: House: Gender: Sexual Orientation: Picture: (not required, but preferred) Physical Description:(RP Sample One)
Make An Entrance:(RP Sample Two)
Gryffindor: Sirius Blackcourt_jesster Remus Lupinbungee Peter Pettigrew James Potter Lily Evans Arthur Weasley Molly (Weasley) Schuyler Shirolayered
Ravenclaw: (please apply for an OC!)
Hufflepuff: (please apply for an OC!)
Slytherin: Severus Snapelayered Lucius Malfoydefectiveghost Regulus Black Bellatrix Black Evan Rosier Radolphus Lestrange Rastaban Lestrange Narcissa Black Wilkes Avery
-Arthur Weasley, Molly, Lucius Malfoy, and Narcissa Black are all in their 7th year. We are aware that they would most likely have graduated much earlier -- however, for storyline purposes, we are allowing these characters to be about 4 years younger than they would be in canon.
-The Marauders, Lily Evans, and Severus Snape are in their 6th year. Please note that characters are permitted up to five per gender, per year, with the exception of the male 6th year Gryffindors.
-Logs from instant messaging or chat rooms are permitted, but please place them behind a cut and be sure to edit out any out-of-character conversation.
You are strongly recommended to take a look at these before filling out an application. Just so that you fully understand what you're getting yourself into.